Maitland Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer Working to Protect Your Assets
Getting married is usually an exciting time. However, regardless of your
current happiness, it may also be a time to seriously consider how to
preserve your assets if your marriage doesn't work out as you planned.
A prenuptial agreement can be important if:
- The bride or groom has been married before
- Works more than the other spouse or does not have a job
- Owns their own business
- One or both have children and there are inheritance considerations
Talk to a Maitland prenuptial agreement attorney about your need for a
prenuptial agreement. Do not hesitate to
contact The Troum Law Firm, P.A.
What Is a Prenuptial Agreement?
A prenuptial agreement is a written contract between two people before
they marry that will take effect when they marry. This agreement determines
how financial matters will be settled in case of
divorce, separation, or death.
A premarital agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. It
might include instructions for:
- How real estate will be divided
- Responsibilities for debts built up during the marriage
- Determining what if any separate property is involved and how it should
be held and titled
- Deciding what joint and separate living expenses there might be and how
they will be paid
- Determining who has the right to retirement assets
- Determining rights to life insurance benefits
- Wills and trusts
Contact a Maitland Prenuptial Lawyer to Discuss Your Situation
Because of all the different circumstances that apply when people marry,
you should have the help of an experienced attorney if you are going to
sign a prenuptial agreement. We work hard to explain everything to you
in detail and make sure that your assets are protected.
initial consultation to learn more today!