Florida Family Law
Call Today 321.428.2247
Protecting the Rights of Clients & Families Throughout Orange & Seminole County

Post-Divorce Modifications

Our Maitland Modification Lawyer Can Help You

As time passes after a couple is divorced, a change in the former spouses' circumstances might call for modifying some of the judgments passed in their divorce decree. Modifications of original divorce agreements are a specialized area of law.

Most post-judgment modifications involve:

A substantial change, usually defined as at least 15%, whether positive or negative, in a former spouse's financial situation, might lead to the parties changing their alimony agreement. This includes when someone has lost a job, or gotten a new job, with a substantial increase in income.

Guiding You Through Contentious Issues

Child support might also be an area of discussion or contention if financial circumstances change. As an example, the child might be going to a private school or has additional expenses such as orthodontia.

Child custody and visitation may be changed if a parent moves or if the child is not getting along with the custodial parent. A change in a parent's work schedule may also require new visitation rules. These changes must be accomplished with the best interests of the child in mind.

When Do You Need a Modification Attorney?

Post-divorce modifications can be complicated legal matters and are often emotionally charged. A Maitland modification attorney can help you navigate through the legal process and see that your best interests are protected.

Circumstances that are most likely to precipitate a modification process include:

  • Death
  • Moving out of Florida
  • Moving elsewhere in Florida
  • Sickness
  • Physical injury
  • Getting a new job
  • Economic losses
  • Failure of business
  • Change in a child’s status

Need Assistance With Modification of Final Judgments?

This may be a difficult time for you, but it is important to have an even-handed, well-qualified attorney. An experienced and knowledgeable Maitland modification attorney can reduce your stress by getting you through the process as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Contact The Troum Law Firm, P.A. online or call us at (321) 428-2247 to schedule a consultation.