Maitland Prenuptial Agreement Attorney
Working to Protect Your Assets
Getting married is usually an exciting time. However, regardless of your current happiness, it may also be a time to seriously consider how to preserve your assets if your marriage doesn’t work out as you planned.
A prenuptial agreement can be important if:
- The bride or groom has been married before
- Works more than the other spouse or does not have a job
- Owns their own business
- One or both have children and there are inheritance considerations
Talk to a Maitland prenuptial agreement attorney about your need for a prenuptial agreement. Do not hesitate to contact The Troum Law Firm, P.A.
What Is a Prenuptial Agreement?
A prenuptial agreement is a written contract between two people before they marry that will take effect when they marry. This agreement determines how financial matters will be settled in case of divorce, separation, or death.
A premarital agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. It might include instructions for:
- How real estate will be divided
- Responsibilities for debts built up during the marriage
- Determining what if any separate property is involved and how it should be held and titled
- Deciding what joint and separate living expenses there might be and how they will be paid
- Determining who has the right to retirement assets
- Determining rights to life insurance benefits
- Wills and trusts
Contact a Maitland Prenuptial Lawyer to Discuss Your Situation.
Because of all the different circumstances that apply when people marry, you should have the help of an experienced attorney if you are going to sign a prenuptial agreement. We work hard to explain everything to you in detail and make sure that your assets are protected.
Schedule an initial consultation to learn more today!