Mark S. Troum, Attorney at Law
Maitland Family Lawyer
I have been a licensed attorney in the state of Florida and a member of the Florida Bar since 1984. I have also been licensed as an attorney in the state of New Jersey since 1987.
I received my law degree from the Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida, in 1984. Following my law school graduation, I held the position of assistant state attorney at the state attorney’s office in Orange County for five years. While a prosecutor, I was trained as a trial attorney.
I left the state attorney’s office in 1988 to open my private law practice. Since that time, I have devoted a substantial portion of my practice to family law matters.
I offer consultations in which I can review the facts of your case, answer your questions and recommend the next steps to take.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Domestic & Family Law
- 100% of practice devoted to litigation
- Florida, 1984
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. Federal Court, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1996
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1984
- Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Florida
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1981
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: General Business
- Minor: Chemistry
- Lecture on Guardian Ad Litems and Legal Aid Business, National Business Institute
Honors & Awards
- Award of Excellence from the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, 2008
- National Advocates Top 100 Family Lawyers in Florida from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent in Matrimonial and Family Law
- Perfect 10.0 AVVO Rating
- 10 Best in Client Satisfaction (2016, 2017) by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Stetson Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Chartered Law Offices of Troum & Wallsh, Senior Partner, 1989 – 2012
- Mark S. Troum, Orlando, Florida, Managing Partner, 1988 – 1989
- Office of the State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 1984 – 1988
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
It is likely that you are seeking an attorney who will take the time to discuss with you the intricacies of your case and your concerns regarding all of its aspects.
You should be interested in an attorney who will give your case his personal attention. You deserve an attorney who knows and understands the law and is capable of aggressively litigating your case in court while protecting your interests. Foremost, you should be represented by an attorney who can provide to you proper recommendations regarding settlement issues, and the likelihood of success of your position, if a court hearing is required. Since every situation is unique in its own way, we shall work together to obtain the best results available to you under your particular set of circumstances.
I have learned by experience, that in this area of law, even uncomplicated and routine legal matters for an attorney are extremely sensitive to the client.
These matters can be emotionally upsetting and, in many cases, emotionally devastating. It is rarely in your best interest to proceed without the aid or advice of an experienced Maitland family attorney.
View My Profile On: