Close Menu
Protecting the Interests of Clients & Families Throughout Orange & Seminole Counties
Maitland Divorce Attorney > Winter Park Divorce Attorney > Winter Park Child Relocation Attorney

Winter Park Child Relocation Attorney

Family Law Attorney in Winter Park Helping Clients with Child Relocation

After you go through a complicated and difficult child custody case, the prospect of having to modify your parenting plan or time-sharing agreement can seem daunting. However, there are many different reasons that one or both parents may seek to modify a parenting plan, and among the most common reasons is relocation.

If you are considering relocation, or if you need advice about whether you need to modify a parenting plan in order to move to a new area with your child, you should get in touch with a Winter Park child relocation attorney as soon as possible. An advocate at The Troum Law Firm, P.A. can get started on your case and can discuss the options that may be available to you.

What is Relocation in Winter Park?

What is relocation, and do you need to go through the relocation process every time you move into a new house or apartment in the Winter Park area? Under the Florida Statutes, relocation has a very specific definition.

According to Florida law, it means a parent’s change of location from his or her place of residence at the time of the last order establishing or modifying time-sharing. The statute further clarifies that a change of location must be at least 50 miles from that residence, and for at least 60 consecutive days.

To be clear, if you are not planning to move 50 miles or more from the current residence, you likely do not need to modify your parenting plan and time-sharing arrangement.

Agreement to Relocation by Both Parents in Winter Park

If you do plan to move 50 miles or more away from your current location where you have time-sharing responsibilities, then the easiest way to modify your parenting plan and time-sharing agreement is if the other parent agrees to relocation.

The parents can agree to relocation if they sign a written agreement that includes the following:

  • Consent of both of the parties to relocation;
  • Time-sharing schedule for the non-relocating parent and anyone else who is entitled to time-sharing; and
  • Description of transportation arrangements related to time-sharing with the relocation.

Petition for Relocation in Winter Park

When both parents do not agree to relocation, the parent seeking to relocate must file a petition to relocate with the court. The petition must include the following information:

  • Description of intended new residence, including the city and state, as well as the precise physical address if it is known;
  • Mailing address of the intended new residence;
  • Telephone number of the intended new residence if known;
  • Date of intended relocation;
  • Statement detailing the specific reasons for the relocation (such as a job offer, which should then be attached to the petition for relocation);
  • Proposal for revised time-sharing arrangement with the relocation; and
  • Statement (specified verbatim under Florida law) outlining how the other parent can object to the relocation.

Contact a Relocation Attorney in Winter Park

Relocating with a child can be difficult, but a Winter Park child relocation lawyer can help. Contact The Troum Law Firm, P.A. to learn more about how we can assist you.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Personable. Capable. Dependable.

"Mr. Troum and the entire staff at Troum Law Firm have been absolutely amazing. I have been consistently working with Mr. Troum for the last 8 years."

- Kimberly

"The Troum Law Firm is was very helpful and accommodating. Julie was very responsive and provided lots of useful information."

- Matt Julian

"Abosolutely a great choice. There were no issues with communication. I was prepared for all possible outcomes. I saw where ever dime was spent ..."

- Marsha Wilson

"Mark and his team did exactly what they said they would do from the consult, to hiring him, to resolving ..."

- No Name

"Attorney Troum and his firm have been such a great help during a difficult time. I would highly recommend them"

- No Name

"Attorney Troum have been such a great help. Great communication with all individuals in the firm...."

- Christina Sepulveda

"I would definitely recommend him to others looking for a calm, professional, and experienced attorney."

- Former Client

"The Troum Law Firm is highly professional, hard working, and extremely knowledgeable"

- Anja

"Mr. Troum’s support staff is outstanding! I couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with."

- Divorce Client

"Mr. Troum and his staff were excellent."

- Paul

"Mr. Troum truly met my expectations."

- Tito

"Mr. Troum's experience, knowledge of the law and in-depth familiarity with the local court system is a huge asset to anyone looking for the best representation."

- Michael

"Many thanks for helping me throughout the entire divorce process. This attorney comes highly recommended!"

- Divorce Client

"Mark gave good advice, was a good ally and enabled me to move forward with peace."

- Former Client

"I am very pleased with everything Mr. Troum has done for me. If you need someone, who will get the job done Mark Troum is your attorney."

- Rey

"I have recommended him to friends and family and highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent attorney."

- Domestic Violence Client

"The firm was detailed and effective in resolving my case. I would highly recommend them."

- Lori

"I have recommended attorney Mark Troum as well as continue to recommend him to anyone who wants a fair, just, determined, personal, great attorney!!"

- Former Client

"I would highly recommend Mr. Troum and his team to anyone who wants things to be done according to the law."

- Reina

"Mr. Troum is a superb attorney and is everything that most lawyers aren't....when you get get the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you.....for caring and helping me to go forward in my life."

- Lynda

"Mr. Troum and his staff walked me through every single step of it and continued to fight until he got us exactly what my children and I deserved."

- Former Client
More Testimonials